Creative Startups to Host Team USA for Global Pitch Competition—$190,000 in Prizes for Creative Entrepreneurs
Described as the “United Nations of creative entrepreneurs,” this summer the United States will launch a nationwide open call for founders and their teams to compete in the global Creative Business Cup (CBC). Hosted by Creative Startups, the CBC USA Finals will take place in Albuquerque, New Mexico, September 14 & 15, 2017. Applications are open now through August 13, 2017—www.creativestartups.org/cbc-usa
Interested in applying? Want to know more? Read on!
- Now — August 13: CBC USA Applications Open
- August 16/17/18: Skype Interviews to select Finalists
- August 21: Five finalists notified
- September 14 & 15: CBC USA Finals in ABQ
- September 15th: Winner of the USA Creative Cup announced the evening of pitch competition
- November 15–17: CBC Global Finals in Copenhagen, Denmark
Who can apply to the CBC USA Finals?
Applicants must be:
- Building a startup in the creative industries;
- Raised less than $1million in seed investment
- USA residents, over the age of 18, and hold a valid passport
- Able to travel to Albuquerque for semi-finals (September 14–15) and Denmark Global Finals (November 15 -17).
What does it cost to apply? What are the associated fees if I am selected?
It is free to apply to the CBC USA Finals and there are no fees associated with participating in the Finals.
THE CBC USA EXPERIENCE:
What do the selected CBC USA Finalists receive?
One team member from the top five selected finalist teams will receive an all-expense paid trip to Albuquerque to participate in the finals September 14th and 15th. This includes roundtrip domestic airfare, hotel for 2 nights, and meals in Albuquerque.
What will happen at the CBC USA Finals?
In addition to the USA pitch finals, participants will work intensively with expert guest mentors on refining their vision/mission, effective pitching strategies, and effective public speaking techniques.
How are the pitches judged?
At both the national and international level pitches will be judged on two main criteria:
- Creativity: Creative competencies are crucial for the success of the business concept
- Market potential: The business concept has a large market potential
What will happen if my startup is selected as the CBC USA Finalist?
Congrats! Your startup has been chosen to represent the United States at the CBC Global Finals in Copenhagen, Denmark in November 2017! As the USA Finalist you will receive:
- An all-expense paid trip to Copenhagen including roundtrip airfare, hotel, meals, and CBC events, valued at $3,000 for one of your team members.
- $500 USD in cash for “travel expenses”
- $2,500 USD in consulting services including legal and accounting,
- Expert coaching on investor pitching
- $2,500 USD in free media and press.